Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Political Incorrectness or just crass?

Normally I hate political correctness, and go out of my way to stamp it out...

But I was sent a photograph recently which really made my blood boil - I have attached it below.

I am trying to analyse why this is making me so angry?


  • Is it the political incorrectness? Although I often refer to myself as a Raspberry (Ripple = Cripple).

  • Or is it the derogatory way that a wheelchair user is portrayed? Something to be avoided / abhored...?

Whatever it is it really makes my blood boil. I think I shall send it to the local talk radio (Cape Talk) and get them to shame the company behind it...


1 comment:

Guy said...

Hmmm...nothing much came of emailing it to the show, although they did have an item on the abuse of accessible parking bays.